Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ON Old/New Turntable

While not vintage, maybe some day it will be. Ron ask Debbie to put this under the Tree next year. Icon_biggrin

http://www.gpinto.it/en.html

Paul

Tubetalk1

This is what I put under my tree end of last year.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Sorry Paul, I'm with Mike on this one...I can't afford a Thorens though so my Technics will have to do. Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

In all honesty, My Technics Direct drive SL-PQ30 is doing just fine after I installed an Ortofon OMP-30 cartridge/needle. And with the previous cartridge it wasn't that bad either.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I need a belt for my Toshiba, Stanton Cartridge. It will be matched with the Toshiba Amp I got from Ron and a pair of "Real Walnut Veneer" Realistic Speakers. Icon_smile

Nice to see what people consider Hi End these days.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Yes, the Stanton was my cartridge before I bought the Ortofon.
I have it, it is fully working, just felt might do better even with the basic turntable using a high end cartridge.
The P mount obviously limits the choice somewhat.

I'm still sold on Stanton...at least their older cartridges...

I have a 500 which I am holding for future use, and a 680EL installed in my Technics SL-D3. I purchased the 680EL as unopened NOS a year or so ago. Very nice Icon_thumbup

No experience with Ortofon here. I do have a Grado Black, but it needs a new stylus. Eventually I'll get a stylus for it and try it out. I have also used a few different Shure carts and one Pickering.

Paul, did you ever change those dial lamps in that Toshiba? I've discovered how to use LED fuse lamps to replace those hardwired lamps...see my thread on the Realistic STA-225.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Other than a couple of listening sessions the Toshiba has been on the shelf, I will check out the info. Tx. 

Paul

Tubetalk1

My daily driver right now is a Kenwood KD-2000 with a Grado Prestige Pickup feeding through an ART DJPre II pre-amp into a 1959 Fisher C-810 Contemporary II. My backup TT is a Kenwood KD-2000 with an ADC QLM cartridge w/aftermarket K8 stylus. My 1968 Fisher D-393 Diplomat has a BSR UA70_2 turntable but I am overhauling a Dual 1237 to replace it.