Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RCA 95T5

Another super deluxe Fred Taylor cabinet job! This little 5 tuber will be going back to the cabinet soon and will post a complete photo as well. Plays pretty well with long wire. A bit more to do on it. Funny Fred should have just made his GE post.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92577012@N...8075789541

Thanks again Fred. Icon_clap

Paul

Tubetalk1

Got yourself a good looking one there. Icon_thumbup  Look forward to finished pictures.

NICE one,,,I have one also,,,BUT---it has the little silver mica problem,,,,after being on for about a 1 hour,,,someday ,,I will get to it and fix it,,, did yours ,,,have that problem??? CHEERS

Neat little set! Had one back in the '70's then I was a teen.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

No issues yet Kenneth, will make a nice shelf queen even if the IF's crapped out. 

Paul

Tubetalk1

How do I ,,Get on the list----FRED Taylor's----for cabinets redone,,,,,I have a few,????

Hi Paul, You sure know how to find 'em and pick 'em! That's a beauty. Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

Email Fred, he is reasonable, ship him your cabinet.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Well it is June and it is finally complete, updated photos here......

It sounds super, one thing the felt piece over the speaker center is gone, should be replaced? Can I use felt sticker?

Paul 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92577012@N...8075789541

Tubetalk1

I don't think it is felt, or at least regular dense felt, it'll probably make it sound scratchy.
I think the purpose of it is the dust protection and many speakers do well without it.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I have used a pre adhesed felt dot for scratch protection over the center on some other speakers with no issues, maybe try again.

Paul

Tubetalk1