Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Little help, Mike?

Just got this monster in the mail today from Ukraine. It's mostly in working order, but I'm not familiar with some of the features, and my Cyrillic is almost completely rusted away.. 

And then there's this, it's a VHF convertor that converts 100-108 MHz to the old USSR band.

Also, if you're familiar with this set, maybe you can give me some pointers on some issues. First, the main tuning dial needle has gotten loose and now doesn't move at all. It DOES tune the stations on those bands. Second, when I push the stereo button, all the audio goes away. There are several DIN connectors on the back, perhaps the set requires an external stereo decoder?

BAD,

I saw that unit in my life; it was considered an upscaled portable. I never owned it.

I could post that question on the Ukrainian forum with Petro, see if someone replies.

My feeling is, the stereo button is pressed when you want the output going to an amp; the unit itself is likely incapable of reproducing stereo. Also the headphone output will be reproducing stereo.

The four buttons on top, left to right:

АПЧ - Авто Подстройка Частотьi (Auto Frequency Control), MП - местньй прием (Local Reception), УП - Узкая Полоса (Narrow Band), ШП - ШумоПодавитель (Noise Reducer).
Bottom knobs you know: Volume, Tone Ctl, Stereo.

Wires on the Converter:

Светльiй - Light-colored, Antenna Input (to your antenna).
Темньiй - dark colored, Antenna Output (to the radio's antenna input).
Провода Крепления (top of the picture, saying БК on one of them) - power battery minus
Красньiй - red, power battery plus.

if using power supply for the battery, it should be isolated.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

(05-24-2017, 08:29 AM)BrendaAnnD Wrote:  First, the main tuning dial needle has gotten loose and now doesn't move at all. It DOES tune the stations on those bands. Second, when I push the stereo button, all the audio goes away. There are several DIN connectors on the back, perhaps the set requires an external stereo decoder?

Michael said correctly, the device plays only stereo headphones or an external amplifier and speakers. To do this, press the buttons. This internal mono amplifier and speakers are disabled. I have a radio if they need advice we will be happy to assist you. But there is one problem, I have to ask for help from the English brought in Michael or Google's ... Icon_lol

I'll ask Google to translate the text.  Icon_mrgreen
The receiver has three fixed-mode buttons. When you click on any of them, the large scale setting is disabled and one of these three fixed settings is connected. The programming is carried out by one of three wheels with a scale opposite one of the pressed buttons.