Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PHILCO 23X meuble 1938

I cannot see the color, the 23X knobs are kinda maroon/brown, but these are Philco knobs and the size seems correct.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

(01-03-2018, 02:48 PM)claude.france Wrote:  Dear friends

Before asking you a question , I would like to send you my best wishes from France for this new year ! Icon_biggrin 

My question is following

I was still remaining searching for the missing knobs for my console 23X I am restoring and could perhaps I have found ones

Do you think the following knobs are really the genuine original ones , or at least Philco ones suitable for the radio of my console ?

Thanks a lot for your kind reply   Icon_e_wink

Ce sont les boutons 23X. Ceux dont vous avez besoin sont bruns. Je ne sais pas si votre 4ème bouton est correct ou si mon 4ème bouton est bien.

Those are the 23X knobs. The ones you need are brown. I dont know if your 4th knob is correct or if my 4th knob is though...

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Both the Gallery and Tuberadioland pics show the power knob being the same medium rosette as the other bottom two.
So if the color is brown and the black I am seeing is the result of light/photograph/dirt then the ones Claude has are a correct set. If they are black.....I do not know, question to Ron.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

The original power switch knob would have been a small rosette, as shown in Kirk's picture above.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thre knobs shown are said from a 114 model

The are anothers proposed, perhaps more convenient , said from 90 model?

Attached Files Image(s)

I have found on the net a photo of this console showing that the three small knobs are same

Attached Files Image(s)

The ones from 90 seem like a match.

Later versions would have used three medium rosettes.

Use whatever you wish...but they were brown, not black.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks a lot for your kind information and opinion