Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PHILCO 23X meuble 1938

Hello Ron , hello Morzh

I would like to thank you very much for your welcome and help

To morrow , I LL go to the craftman to continue restauration of the console .. I Think remain lot of hours to spend on it

I LL keep you inform of the development of the matter

See you soon on " Philco Phorum "

Claude,

Si vous avez besoin d'aide pour remplacer le condensateurs, ou pour quelque chose d'autre, faites-le savoir.
Cela devrait être très simple. (J'espère que vos bobines sont intactes.)

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

hello Sirs

Last saturday I continued to restick the veneer on the left bottom side of the console.  It takes a lot of time , as it' s not possible to work on both sides at a time , due to lack of clamps !

Next step on the other side , next wednesday !

Attached Files Image(s)

Ce sont des pinces sérieuses Icon_smile

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

hello Morzh

The word " pince " in french is used for smaller objects  , like those used to hang linen outside on a cord to dry

For my use , the right word is " serre joint  " , that is ti say to " squeeze seam "  

a " pince " is only to attach , a " serre joint "is used to " squeeze very hardly " to pieces

In that application , after gluing the veneer , or the support , you have to squeeze very hardly the two surfaces to throw away the excedent of glue or air bubbles, and everywhere , and also to get the veneer very flat on the support , driving the tolls the manner and order you drive the screws when you change the gasket of the motor of a car

hereafter is a " pince "

Attached Files Image(s)

This is exactly what I meant Icon_lol - I used the Russian "прищепка" (pri-sche-pka) to look for the word. (it was a joke).

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Прищепка

The one you used is "струбцина" (stroob-tsin-ah), or C-clamp, which is the "serre-joint" Icon_smile

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Струбцина

I usually use Wikipedia to translate categories; I simply put in the word in English or Russian, make sure this is what I am looking for, and then simply switch the language.

I have a question Morzh or for Ron :

I sent the link of this thread to a friend , but he told me he cannot see the pictures . What occurs ? Perhaps he does be a member and have to log in to see the pictures , or it occurs an other problem ? perhaps his navigator ? but he says to me probably no , as he tried with two different navigators and encounters same problem .

have you the solution ? thanks in advance

When I was a student .... 50 years ago ... , I learnt russian for two years , but lack of practice , I have almost all forgotten , pero yo hablo el idioma español bastante bien !

the problem with the link: The photos only could be seen by those who are registered and logged in. He has to register in order to view the pictures on this website.

PS. For a French to learn Spanish should be fairly easy, except as I know, when speaking a closely related language, I always get confused when using similar words.

I was this afternoon cleaning the four small  hinges of the little doors to of the console  I can notice  inlaid incscriptions  io them

Attached Files Image(s)

N. L. Co, Rockford.

I don't know if this is the same company, but there is that Rockford Process in IL, USA, who still make hinges Icon_smile

http://rockfordprocess.com/hardware/

And they are in...surprise, surprise - in Rockford, IL.

(07-03-2017, 09:44 AM)claude.france Wrote:  I sent the link of this thread to a friend , but he told me he cannot see the pictures . What occurs ? Perhaps he does be a member and have to log in to see the pictures...

Correct - one must be a Phorum member to see most pictures in Phorum threads.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

- Thanks Ron , for confirmation for the pictures

- RPC , in French , is same PRC in English ; République Populaire de Chine !

- I have not found how insert smileys in the message ! Where they hide ?

Choose the "Full edit" or "New Reply" instead of the "Quick reply" window. The smiles will be on you right.

Dear friends

Before asking you a question , I would like to send you my best wishes from France for this new year ! Icon_biggrin 

My question is following

I was still remaining searching for the missing knobs for my console 23X I am restoring and could perhaps I have found ones

Do you think the following knobs are really the genuine original ones , or at least Philco ones suitable for the radio of my console ?

Thanks a lot for your kind reply   Icon_e_wink

Attached Files Image(s)