Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Escutcheon screw question

Am trying to source some escutcheon screws for my 41-300. Pretty sure that Philco used the same small screws on most of there escutcheons thru the 30's and early 40's. Older ones where painted black.
Anyway I don't have an accurate way to measure the diameter. My best guess is a number 3 but not sure. Anyone know what it is??

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

As luck would have it I was digging around for some 6pin tube socket for someone and found a small bag the wood screws suitable for this application. They are #2 x 3/8" long, brass round slotted head. Hillman pn 49114. Good match for the originals except that the bottom of the head isn't tapered it's flat.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

I always knew you had a few screws missing  Icon_thumbup

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

(08-10-2017, 06:47 PM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  .... the bottom of the head isn't tapered it's flat.

No one will know.

And we won't tell.
And we will even ask Sam to delete this thread.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

(08-10-2017, 07:28 PM)morzh Wrote:  
(08-10-2017, 06:47 PM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  .... the bottom of the head isn't tapered it's flat.

No one will know.

And we won't tell.
And we will even ask Sam to delete this thread.

Icon_lol

What kind of horrible person would give you a radio without escutcheon screws! Shame! Icon_lol

Icon_smile

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6