Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lucky day, majestic 1250 find

Hi Fred, It is a Republic P-43.

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

Chassis is coming along, I had bead blasted the rust and peeling chrome off, I went with wrinkle finish instead of chrome, that would have cost me to much money and time to rechrome. This wrinkle finish paint looks great and is tough as nails, the shields where  already that way from factory. I'm waiting on a new speaker , in the mean time I going to recap and bench test soon.

Attached Files Image(s)

Fred,

So have you totally stripped the chassis of wires inside, or you masked what's needed and then bead-blasted and painted?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Stunning is an understatement! Words pale in comparison to the results!  Icon_thumbup

I did take off the tuning condenser assembly along with the dial assembly. Then I masked off everything else and bead blasted the rust and the chrome came right off. I also blasted the transformer and painted it straight matt black first then masked it off when I sprayed on the wrinkle finish. The wrinkle finish hid the rust pits and I must say looks 100% better, new rubber groments on tuning condenser and this weekend I should be able recap and check for anything that may need attention.