Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

41-608 code 122

(12-29-2017, 05:55 PM)PhilcoDom Wrote:  With regards to these capacitors, what do they control?

#21: electrolytic condenser
#81: dual condenser

#21 filter power for the detector.
#81 is the MAINS filter, reduces interference coming from power. Have to be Y-rated caps. Both need to be changed but especially the latter.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Thank you, Morzh.

#21 filter power for what detector?

Thoughts on why the turntable will not spin despite motor working? Gear driven

For the 1st one.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

(12-29-2017, 07:41 PM)morzh Wrote:  For the 1st one.

Thanks again, morzh. I will be replacing #21 and #81 tomorrow.

Anyone know or care to venture a guess as to why the gear driven turntable will not spin? I can hear the motor start when I turn the phonograph on.

Is the motor itself spinning?

(12-30-2017, 08:23 PM)morzh Wrote:  Is the motor itself spinning?

Appears to be. If I push up on it just slightly it will make contact with and “grind” against something. When I move the turntable clockwise, the needle arm moves. Counter clockwise it sounds like the turntable is trying to engage.

hi dom
their are 2 different types of turn tables
1 is rim driven = lift up on platter and wheel runs along outer rim  of platter
2 is more complex = platter just sits on top of spindle  under base is a gear
   its two pieces of pot metal brackets with center rubber disc

sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Where to find replacements for the #2 problem? I've been scouring the web for something to replace that pot metal disc assembly...