Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

16X Speaker cloth etc.

Way to go!!!! Ok, I'm gonna place my order with you for a couple of those. ;)

Hehe Icon_smile

If this were popular, I'd rethink my tooling.

I don't hold with furniture that talks.

At last! I finally got back to the back, last of the holes drilled. Then I had to rub down the raised edges created by the hole saw. I'm happy with the results. After all this, I decided to hold off on making holes for the screws fastening it to the cabinet, and the notch for the speaker cable. From the pictures I have seen, it also requires a coat of black paint. I now also have the fabric needed to go behind the panel.

Cheers

Ed

Today I drilled holes for the screws, and cut the slot necessary to allow the wiring to the speaker unit to pass. I would have painted as well, but the weather was rather cool and damp - not ideal for spraying. I am happy with the results so far - and of course, who is ever going to look (with a critical eye) at the back of my radio except me?

/Ed

Can't wait for the Phinal Phinished Photos!!! How exciting!!!  Icon_clap

They will come, I promise! This weekend should allow for painting the back. I'm also in the process of drawing up a reproduction paper label for inside the cabinet - the original is long gone. That was one reason we had such trouble identifying the set back in 2000 after rescuing it from the street.

Cheers

Ed

OK Painting done, and I'm happy with the appearence. I need to put the fabric lining on to complete, and first Mrs H has to cut her piece from the material we bought...