Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 66 Faceplate

The bakelite dial faceplate on my Philco 66 cathedral version cabinet is missing and needs to be replaced.  Does anyone know if any of the other models use the same faceplate such as the 60, 38..?  Thanks for any help on this.

Hello. You might look at the 2 dials Radio daze has on their site. One dial shows it works for both 60 & 66 the other is a 66/ 66S/66X Don't know for sure which one you would need.
Here's the link.
http://www.radiodaze.com/dials-plastic-o...red&page=4

If by "faceplate" you mean escutcheon, then some 60 and 38 models use the same escutcheon.

Some 38/60/66 Bakelite escutcheons are small, later ones are large so you need the proper size for your radio.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

That's a bit odd the dials for the 60 and 66 have different sw coverage. The 57 is a little bitty set wouldn't think it would fit at all. The three of these should have different dials unless I'm missing something. Must have the numbers mixed up.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

He asked about a faceplate (escutcheon), not a dial scale. Two different animals.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thank you all for your answers.. escutcheon is the correct word to use for it and what I need.  I think it is perhaps the smaller version but just not sure.  The screw holes in the case for it are very close to 1 3/4" center to center and the opening for it in the case is 1 1/4" high by 1 3/8" wide.  There seem to be a number of ones available for either the model 60 or 38 but very rare to see the model 66 version for sale.  Oh well.. just have to keep looking I guess.