Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco hippo/ Canadian

Hello,
New to the forum and I hope this is in the right place. I have a Canadian Hippo I would like to restore and have a few issues. First it has no chassis ink stamp on it. It does have a metal plate rivited to it that says chassis 75. It hasn't no rf coil by the gang on top of chassis. Antenna screw  
Has an insulator on it. Main cap has been replaced with a 3 way cap but two are wired in parallel. So it has a 120uf and a 20 uf for the power which is wrong from my research. The tube line up is 14AF7, 2-7B7, 1-35Z5, And a  50l6gt , would anybody have a exact diagram or know where i can get one. I'm off This week and want to get her up it sort of looks like a 48-460 type 122 but it's not. Any help would be much appreciated 

Regards

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

The Canadian 75 model is similar to the 48-460 according the the listing that Ron (the Phorum founder) has here: http://www.philcoradio.com/images/phorum/canindex.pdf

You may be able to get the exact Canadian schematic from Just Radios at http://www.justradios.com/schematics.html

Hey! Thanks for the quick reply! Yes I saw that, but that came in a couple different chassis huh? It looks like tube lineup was different on several models, the antenna, rf coil not on top, and power caps. I just haven't been able to find a " just chassis 75 " schematic. I just want to talk to someone to make sure it's the right schematic. Not trying to be anal, but I've already paid once for a schematic I was promised was the right one and was not. It was not from just radios though. This will go In my blooming collection and I just want the correct schematic to make sure some older work done on it was correct and not some hack job. Just seeing the power cap issue, which is easily overcome, I'm worried there may be something I may not see that bites me. I like to have everything I need when I start a restore, but then again on old stuff sometimes that's not possible, you just have to dive in. And I'm willing to pay again if I know it's the correct one. I've shot just radios an email and what I've read they are a great company to deal with. But if anybody has any pointers, history, known issues or clean schematics  on the model I'm all ears!

Kinda odd tube lineup. Would think it should have a 7C6 near the 50L6 not a 2nd 7B7. Does it have sticker inside to check tube arrangement??

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

(12-30-2017, 11:22 PM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  Kinda odd tube lineup. Would think it should have a 7C6 near the 50L6 not a 2nd 7B7. Does it have sticker inside to check tube arrangement??

Yes it is from what I researched. The tube layout diagram is not on the bottom. I don't even see old glue marks where it would have been stuck. There is one paper tag on the inside right of cabinet. I'll post pic here.

Attached Files Image(s)