Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

39-3116 transformer information

Hi,
In the process of collecting the needed parts for my 39-3116 restoration, I have discovered that the original power transformer in my radio was haphazardly replaced in the past, with one that isn't close to the original, and doesn't even bolt in place properly. I was wondering if anyone knows if other Philco chassis used the same transformers? This particular one is 25-40 cycle. The part number is 32-8017.

BTW, same radio as the 39-116, but built in Canada with a couple modifications to satisfy the electric code...

Here's a pic of what was put in there...flopping around, wires rubbing...  Icon_rolleyes

Attached Files Image(s)

I just posted specs for the 60 cycle transformer in your Wanted ad.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Well, having no luck locating the exact transformer, and knowing that the rubber wiring probably doomed many of these radios, I decided to explore other options. I have several RCA motor-driven chassis in storage, and a couple have larger 13 and 16 tube counts. So, would one of these be appropriate? The only difference I see is the RCA includes a 24 volt winding, that wouldn't be used in the Philco. Comments or suggestions?

Attached Files Image(s)