Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

RCA 77V2

Hello Friends,

Attached (I hope) are three photos of an RCA 77V2 radio/phonograph combination. It came out of my grandmothers house. Cabinet is in really nice shape and it'll need recapping and rewiring. It'll be my fall/winter project. Cheers! Joe

Attached Files Image(s)

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

Looks yummy. And the cabinet seems to be in a great shape.
Gonna make a fine piece of home decor, and if it plays - will turn some heads.

Thanks friends. The unit worked up to 10 years ago, but the aunts unplugged it and used it to put nic-nacs on. It has the dreaded 6X5 tube in it but I have several spares. Icon_smile Fan, as soon as I get the chassis pulled (probably October) I'll post photos to this thread. The 66X1 looks great. Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

IT IS ALIVE!! After 2 years and countless reasons for not finishing it sooner, this 68 year-old unit is up and functioning again!  I replaced all the cracked insulated wire. I had never seen so many out-of tolerance resistors, but surprisingly, every paper cap but one still showed within tolerance. The one cap out of tolerance was labeled RCA! Next up is a Hallicrafters S-41G.  Joe

Attached Files Image(s)

Joe

looks very nice Icon_clap Icon_clap

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Thanks Sam.  That was FAST!!

Joe

Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap

Looks good Icon_thumbup 

I like your chassis holder.... I keep putting off ordering one, in part because I'm undecided on which size to get.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

(02-01-2015, 08:20 PM)Eliot Ness Wrote:  Looks good Icon_thumbup 

I like your chassis holder.... I keep putting off ordering one, in part because I'm undecided on which size to get.

Thanks.  I have a small workspace (my home office desk) so I opted for the smaller of the two.  There is a piece of plexiglass underneath to protect the desk surface.  I can move the chassis holder to one side and still work at the desk.  You would definitely need the larger one if the radio has 8 or more tubes.  Joe

Joe