cap 11z - .001 checks good
coil #4 - 30ohms
also rechecked
resis#16 - 68k
res#18 - 465k
cap 8y,8z - .1
cap 11y - .03
I'm at a loss.....

If this jumper is not there it will not play!!!!
This may be your problem.

I should have been more clear. There is no phono terminal block in the chassis.
K of the 76 goes to 8y (.1cap) and 16 (60k) and they hook to the chassis.

If I measure across the input of the output transformer and across the secondary to the speaker cone what should I expect to see?

Grasping at straws

If your rect. voltage 280V and the plate voltage is 200V at the output tube, then you should see the B+ as 280V - Field coil dropout, and you said it was 229V, so if your plate V is 200V as it should be (you listed 23 tube as the only one with a wrong plate V) the primary of the output xfmr will be the difference between the B+ and the plate and should be 29V (give or take).

Now the secondary will measure 0V DC Always, and 0V AC if there is no signal present, as it is a transformer and it will not pass DC as you know.

Do this: touch the input grid of the 6B5 tube with a screwdriver or a piece of wire.
(I touch it with my bare hands but I do not recommend you do it if you are not comfortable doing these kinds of things). Best is, take your DMM or VoltOhmMeter, set it to Volts, leave one lead loose and use another to touch that Grid.

Will you hear 60Hz buzz? If yes, go back one tube (76, is it?) and do the same. See where it stops.

I get 15v.
I get nothing no hum no pop on the 6B5 when I touch the grid pin

So, I am not sure if you wrote that already, but I have to ask that:

1. Are you sure your output tube is good?
2. Have you really tested the transformer?
3. Are you sure both your speaker's voice and field coils are OK?

I am asking that because without desoldering the secondary of the transformer you do not really know what gives you continuity, voice coil or both coil and secondary (secondary rarely gets the open, it is too thick to burn).

Quick test - desolder the secondary of the output transformer, and connect it to some small speaker. See if you hear anything then, when you touch the grid.

Will give it a try

Looks like you nailed it, hooked up another speaker and got 60c hum went back and re soldered the braided leads and it worked. among the other problems this radio had it looks like a cold solder joint was the reason I'm more bald than I was before this. I get static and even a faint station but the ant coil I made was just a guess.
Now I have to strip and take data on the ant coil and make a more accurate coil.

Thanks for all the help!

Ну, слава те, Господи! (Lord be praised!) Icon_smile

AMEN!!! I was going to help out but my head was getting flat from trying to read that schematic as it's upside down!!!
Terry

Yeah, terry, mine was too. And the worst of, the rotation no workie-workie on the PDF when read by a browse plug-in, and when I save it, somehow the latest Acro-reader refuses to read it, saying it is corrupt.
So I was sitting there with my head on its side, like the Mike-the-headless-chicken's (coincidence....I am Mike too...and headless....sometimes).

Well, good for me you did not chime in.....I enjoyed it. Icon_biggrin

I bought a Crosley 515 at a garage sale that appeared to be restorable. The power cord was missing so I started to replace the
cord and discovered the old cord had been totally removed and I can,t
figure out where to hook up the cord. I have a wiring diagram of the radio but I still can,t figure it out,any one out there who can help me.