Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crosley Table top fiver

After re-cap and clean-up, it works--restrung the dial cord and Iam currently working on cabinet as time permits[Image: http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w550...019ac7.jpg]

Nice looking dial.

That is going to be a neat looking little set when done. Glad it's coming along ok. Icon_smile

No matter where you go, there you are.

I have not had much time to work on radios as of late--and the Crosley 517 set is still on the bench. I ran into one more problem with the Crosley, the volume control/on off switch combo does not work well-even after cleaning, the control is scratchy and drops out completely a lot of the time, I had thought that I would just assemble the set and put it on the shelf until (if ever) that I was able to locate a 1 meg pot with on/off switch---Well just for the heck of it, I went to my local Frys and to my surprise they had a good stock of Philmore parts, and I found the 1 meg with on off switch--I hope to install this week, hope all goes well for my $2.25 part investment. Iam not an online buyer, and I like to if possible locate parts locally