Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

my new Sparton 811

I picked this up last month .It is a Sparton model 811. Now It has been recapped and plays real good with a clear sound..One of the best sounding radios I have...It has 11 tubes with push pull 42's.. The eye tube cover is the same as another Sparton I had that used a visi glow eye tube,but I never could find one..                     I have installed a phone jack so I can play
an MP3 player through it.. When it gets warmer I have to do the cabinet.

Looks good Dan. Looks like she'll clean up nice.

Regards,
Tim

Yes looks good,I like that cabinet--

I like it too! Great Job, Dan!Icon_thumbupIcon_thumbup

Nice set it has variable if band with just like my Sparton 1466.

Interesting. All three IF cans are variable. Also has the 42s driven by two 6C5s. Wonder why they did not use the 6F6, which is octal like the rest of the set (minus the viso-glo) and electically the same as the 42.

Nice radio. The chassis is neat, clean and orderly. I hate when everything is crammed together. Is the switch for the MP3? Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

I added the switch to the radio . It is a for the phono input and
of course you can play the MP3 through it [with the proper adapter]
There was a lot of room under there but the hard cap was the one under the band switch.
With the help of a member of another forum I got everything going and can't wait to do the cabinet

Wow that radio seems simalar to my Grunow console that I have.... Did both companies make the same radio?

Good luck restoring that radio, I very much like the style of the cabinet.

Here are some photos of what I have done so far

Here is what I have done so far.

Now that's a far cry from your original pictures! Your careful attention to this cabinet surely accentuates it's fine lines and varying wood shades. Keep the pictures coming!

Craig R.

I finally got this one finished and here are some photos of the completed radio

Attached Files Image(s)

This looks stunning. Yammie!