Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deflection yoke deteriorated

I wondered what you TV guys (and Gals) are doing to repair deflection yokes that the plastic has rotted to the point that it wont stay put on the neck of the picture tube, and to adjust the magnetic rings? I am sure some silicone would hold things in place, but I wondered if you know of a better solution without replacing the yoke? That is if you could even find one. Here is a pic of one of SEVERAL of mine that has this rot.

Tim

I haven't tried doing this myself yet but I think that you may have two options. One is to harvest a similar yoke from a part's set but the plastic form in it may be deteriorating as well. The second is to replicate the deteriorating plastic parts out of new material, someone on another forum did this with a late 50s RCA yoke that was falling apart by making a new form out of wood, I suppose you could do the same if you had some thick plastic sheeting laying around too. Silicone won't help, its like duct tape the only thing it will do is make a mess and not really repair it over the long term.
Regards
Arran