Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

westinghouse wr-370 console

Today I found a interesting console..And I do not ever remembering anyone on the phorm talking about westinghouse radios. Is this radio a good performer? The radio chassics has a bit of rust. The cabinet of the radio is in good shape along with the grill cloth..Has anyone else seen or heard this radio play? Icon_confused:

Whats wrong no one can help me out? I hope someone will grt back to me with some information before the console is sold.

I'm not familiar with that model. With 12 tubes, though, it should be a good performer. If you like it, go get it! Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hi John
From the diagram looks to be a fairly upper end set. It features a rf amp, separate mixer/ osc tubes, P/P output with a phase inverter tube (unlike most Philco sets) , push button tuning and a phono. Haven't worked on many of the 1940's Westinghouse so don't know if It has rubber wiring. If the price was right I'd get it.
Terry
ps and an Eye tube too!!!

A picture or a link would help so we'd know what the radio looked like. But like Ron said, if you like it, then go for it...

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

This has been my approach all along. If I like it, the performance be d**ned.
With that many tubes it cannot completely suck.

Going to go back to the consignment shop today (Wed) hope it is still there It was only $25.00. Thanks guys for the incouragement...Lets see what happens when I get it home! I was told by the wife "we have no more room" when we saw it a couple of days ago.

...and you listen to your wife? Aah, sneak it in when she isn't home a'ready. Icon_wink

But seriously, $25 is a nearly giveaway price, especially for a 12-tube radio...good luck!

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

With the cabinet in a good shape and 12 tubes for 25 bucks.....performance is no longer of interest!
Are you kidding me!
Go and grab that before I go and grab it (OK, not I but someone who is close).

The Radio was still for sale. Took it home and the little women gave me a big stare. I told her dont get your panties in a bunch, it only cost me $25.00. She just walked away an did not say anything.

Well, you got the radio! Now, I wonder how much grief she will eventually give you over it...

No matter where you go, there you are.

Looks pretty nifty.....good luck.
http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/westinghou_wr370.html

Paul

Tubetalk1

Searching in RMorg, I don't see that Westinghouse ever sold a console bigger than 12 tubes before WWII. There were 2 versions; in '37 there was single-IF with AFC, and in '38 there was two-stage IF, no AFC.

Guys the cabinet is in really good condition, maybe a little GOJO to get it cleaned up. But the innereds of the radio has a little bit or more than a little bit of rust. It must of have been stored in a damp place. Hay but for $25.00 Lets see .....No loss or gain...If the tubes check out OK it was a win...win....