Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Youngest restorer yet

Thank you so much, Dennis!

pgt, my first thought was to grab a camera. Awesome memories to pull out in 20 years. Great to hear of other kids interested, too!

I've been fascinated by everything electrical my entire life. My first obsession was with fans, which actually turned out to be my first word Icon_biggrin I would 'plug' devices and cords into the furniture cushions before my parents would let me near a real outlet. It's grown since then to old computers, digital circuitry, electrical design and finally now analog vacuum tube circuits. The theory has always been slow in coming, but I think I know 'enough to be dangerous', as they say.

There has never been any stigma in our family for raiding trash piles. You can find the best stuff! I've picked up many computers and televisions; even my solid hardwood desk came off one.

I think this is the best thread I've seen in a while! Good job! ... Once he gets that transmitter and is able to listen to anything he wants, he may never turn that Crosley off!

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

Yeah, it is a bone in your body....it is either there or it is not.
But then you know, some one should paint, someone should plow, someone should count nasty bugs under microscope.....it is just us dads, we love when our sons get interested in what we are interested in. Gives us something to do together.
And I do know I will NOT PLAY MINECRAFT! Icon_lol

Good News. I started puttering when I was about 9 or so as well. Every kid is different. My own son didn't care for the radio bench, woodworking shop, darkroom, or the garden. Ya can't push a string!

The thing is, you can change as you get older. I had zero interest in electronics when I was young. My dad did everything he could to get me interested, but I wouldn't have it. I remember, I was about 11, and he bought me a crystal radio kit, but he ended up assembling it... I wasn't interested at all. At age 14, I could tear down any motorcycle engine and all I was interested in were motorcycles, and later, cars... Then, around age 26, I started tinkering with computers (Commodore 64, to give you an idea of how long ago)... Now, I am mid-50s and I can't get enough of radios, soldering, tinkering.. Once the bug bites you! Icon_smile

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

PuhPow.. you wanna make a trip to the far east and give my generator a tuneup? Icon_smile