Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I just bought another console

As usual, I was going over the adds on Kijiji and this one popped right our at me It was 100 miles away but my brother lives in that city so I bought it and he will pick it up It's a Westinghouse model C6-4.. I have been told that the C6-2 might use the same chassis.
It was only $50.00 and missing one knob.
I didn't really mean to buy it but it just happened. I only have about 12 consoles so far, and no room for more.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dan,

I find I am getting to be the same way. I bought a Philco 118 about
2 weeks ago ($50). I kept telling myself "You don't have enough room
for any more consoles" but I hate to see these things go to waste!

Herb S.
Ithaca NY

You can never be too thin, too good looking, or have too many console radios. Icon_thumbup

I can't seem to stop myself.. It must be something in the air. I am probably going to buy this one as soon as the seller gets back to me
with a model number.

NICE!Icon_thumbup

Love console radios.....but running out of room...wife says no more!

I love them too. I had over 14 last count. I made a deal with myself; now I will only collect 12 or higher tube models. There are less of them so it takes longer to find them and keeps my count down.

It forces me to be more disciplined and I have nicer sets than I otherwise would.

Steve

This Rogers is a battery set[6 volt] and someone had converted it over to 110 volt. I just hope they did it right because the last thing I need is to get in there and work on something that was worked on by somebody who knows less than I do. If it does not work out as least I will have the Rogers tubes.

What! Another one! Dan! Whoa! Stop! STOP!
Buy a nice microbrewery sixpack and think about it!
Icon_lol

That reminds me of the time my doctor said'' I suffered from
kleptomania'',,,,,,but I'm going to take something for it.
Thanks for the comments Dan

I like consoles too and these are all very attractive. There's a place near me that has 3 beautiful ones for sale for under $150 total and it's a real temptation, but I have one already and I really should stay at one.

OK Dan where are you located? I recognize both of those radios from my local Kijji

Gregb

I live in Lakeview in Calgary Alberta..

Hey Dan:
I am in Edmonton but was in Calgary up to two years ago when we moved here. I had a place at The Heritage market for four years and when that closed I moved over to Crossroads, did we ever meet?

Gregb

Curious, I don't think I have seen a 6 volt Rogers built set, most run on "A,B,C" batteries. In any event if it was AC operated I would have guessed on it being a five tuber, all of the better models have a tuning light center of the pointer, obviously a battery set would not. I don't know if I would want to mess with a battery set converted to AC, that can range between someone building a proper off board battery eliminator, and installing it in the back, to absolute hack jobs.
Regards
Arran

P.S The first console is an RCA model not a Westinghouse, there is an RCA Victor decal below the tuning knobs.