Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Antique Shop Find--Blaupunkt Virginia 2430

A date with my wife is not only enjoyable but double enjoyable when you find a nice, vintage radio at the thrift store or antique shop. After dining at a recommended restaurant, I turned on the GPS and started heading for the first antique shop (I had already programmed the unit the night before!). Now this 1st place appeared to have potential. In the back, on the floor, in the bargain room sat this Blaupunkt Virginia 2430. I had to remove some items from the top to get a better look. Appeared to be complete and relatively nice in appearance except for a warped speaker cover on one side and the "shellac" was chipping off. Price tag of $45 said to me "let's take a chance". The shop was having a special so there was 10% off that! This has all the bells and whistles but whether or not they work is unknown. Has 3D sound with 3 speakers, tuning indicator, adjustable rod antenna, etc. It's a very large tabletop that is nearly 24" wide. Thank goodness there wasn't much at the other stores or else my "date" with my wife might have ended differently! LOL

Craig R.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks pretty good. That's one thing I could never get into, German and Eastern European radios. Though I remember a German stereo I would have loved to have had years ago.

No matter where you go, there you are.

The Blue Dot is good radios and whatever else they made. 45 bucks ist gut, those on eBay are more.