Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GE Model L660

Acquired this yesterday. Not really my first choice in a radio, I prefer pre-war stuff mostly, but it had several things going for it. First it works, it was free and it's in pretty decent shape, and it is an interesting looking piece. Sort of looks like a car radio put into a wooden box. My cousin, who was 52, recently died from lung cancer. He owned it. Don't know why, he was a huge Indy 500 fan and not really into radios as far as I know. He only owned two. This one and a portable transistor model. Don't know where or why he got it. My uncle offered it to me as he knows I collect old radios and stuff. I'll get it restored and working and keep it in the family.

[Image: http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t679...3d81d3.jpg]

First off, sorry about your cousin. Icon_sad Second, it appears that radio is actually prewar and it does look neat. Definitely a keeper in my opinion.

No matter where you go, there you are.

It's sometimes nicknamed the "dashboard" radio. Always looks like a very large tabletop radio in the pics but I believe it's only about 13" wide. I'm a "car guy" so it is definitely one that I will one day add to my collection. Once you tune in some Beach Boys on one of those stations, you'll start to like the radio more and more! Enjoy!

Craig R.