Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

KNOB help.

I have been sorting and cleaning and bagging and researching and photographing for 2 days with this lot of 324 knobs I got.
I have Identified most of them or i think I have but there are a bunch I cant locate.

Any help is appreciated:

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

here are some more:

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

Mike Koste is the to-go guy.

I have bothered him enough Icon_lol

To go guy? I love the accent Icon_mrgreen

As of 1/01/2021

In pic 3 the knob on the far right that says volume on the rim is a Midwest from the ~40-42 era.

Some of them look like TV knobs. Others look like they may have been on test instruments.

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

OK, if you dont want to go, then go to. Unless you need to go first, and then go to.

"You can take this job and shovel it" © Sandra Bullok. Icon_lol

Pic 4 in the first post are mod. 20 philco, they are also used as the off/on switch for earlier philcos like 95, 65 and other early large chassis sets.

Also in some 70s as volume and tone ctl, in 111 and other consoles as power.

My only question for Sandra Bullock would be:

What do the 3 shells do?

Thanks on the midwest and the philco knobs.

As of 1/01/2021

I tell you that....young Sandra Bullock, the thing they did using those helmets without fluid transfer which Sly did not like.....I'd go for that any time. Seashells be d**ned.

Have had some success cleaning the mildew from knobs with a toothbrush and mild detergent. If on sets that are not used much, paste wax and a little buffing improves appearance. Regardless, if in a humid environment, it'll grow back sooner or later. Most bakelite and other thermoset materials are only shiny on the surface. Abrade this and it'll not shine again. Yup, you can always use paint or laquer with/without bondo on "basket cases" Pays to clean out the center hole, and if fittted with a spring, remove and clear of rust and crud, then put the spring back. Same with set screws. Best!

Post 1, lst pic, dead center w/gold painted center is an Emerson, radio and TV. 3rd pic, upper left, pair for a 50s era Zenith radio. 5th pic, RCA TV. Post 2, 4th pic, Zenith TV.

Mike Koste
Gobs of Knobs
Zucksville, PA

Does anyone know where I can get two knobs for a 42-PT-7? Also a back for the same radio.

Quote:Does anyone know where I can get two knobs for a 42-PT-7? Also a back for the same radio

You should have started a new "Wanted" thread. The mods may move this. For the knobs try:

Julie McCall (email: radiopup at bell south dot net)
Mike Koste - Gobs of Knobs (email: gokmike at gmail dot com)

It would help if you send a picture with your request... these two are good, but they can't remember every knob from every radio ever made.

Try these guys for your radio back:

http://www.retro-tronics.com/sales.php?t...dio%20Back

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"