Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can someone tell me where to find a schematic..

For this little Automatic Radio "Tom Thumb"?

I've found several "Tom Thumb" models in Nostalgia Air, but none seem to match.

Try this schematic:
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/828/M0001828.htm

Carl
Northern Panhandle, WV

Yup that is the same schematic as radiomuseum.org has posted for this radio.
BTW Brenda are you really in south Korea? Is it tough finding antique radios there?

Not tough, impossible. Anything made before WWII has been long gone, pretty much nothing existed here after WWII through the Korean War. And not that much before WWII, because of the Japanese occupation. All there is here is the rare occasional set that made it's way here from Burma or some really rare ones from Europe. Everything now isn't worth owning, just solid state cheap garbage, most of which ends up at the curbside recycler after a year or two. I get all my radios from the US and Canada, mostly via ebay.

Brenda, it really begs the question "are there any other radio collectors in South Korea"? You must have the largest collection over there! Nice to have your help on those pesky radio questions.
Best, Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

There are a few others. One is a good friend of mine, and he has over 400 radios in his collection (and a lot of money.. he was head of veterinary medicine at a large university here).

Brenda ,
There is a 1947 Tom Thumb Portable for sale on E-Bay right now with a copy of the Photo-fact.Maybe the seller would copy it for you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1947-Tom-Thumb-P...338f02f3e3

Good Luck,
Henry

I looked through all my '47 Sams, & never found a Tom Thumb listed.
According to the index, no photofact was made. May be that there
was one for '48 or 49, but when did the Mfgr. quit production??
On that note, what Co. made these units?
Jim

Brenda, I have the Sams for your radio. I can scan and send it or I can mail you a copy. Which would you like?

Finally found it---13-4. Is that the one you have, Jim?
It was out of place.

Set 23. Maybe shown as 4713-4.

Yes, that's it.

Paging Brenda.

Darn pager.... I must have let the battery go down. (@)@)