Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Arvin 618a: need better quality schematics

I bought an Arvin 618a off Craigslist the other week. Finishing up my first radio restore of a Philco 71 and wanted another project. Had a lot of help with the 71, so I'm hoping to tackle this one as much on my own as possible. Before I can do that, however, I need some documentation!

Nostalgia Air has some info, but it's not very good quality at all. The schematic is pretty small and the parts list below it is unreadable. Haven't had a lot of luck finding anything else, unfortunately, and an inquiry at Antique Radios hasn't helped either. Can anyone give me some pointers of where I could look for a better quality scan?

Here's a picture I took of the ID plate on the back of the chassis, if that helps. And yes, it is a 618a, not a 618.

[Image: http://i.imgur.com/DlM0FcU.jpg]

Hi Captain,
I have the Riders pages you need. I have to tell you that schem and parts list is not large in the original either. However, I will scan with the best resolution I can and send to you if you will send me an email with your email for a return. Mine is artdrhs at yahoo dot com
Best regards,
Art Hoch

Thanks, Art! I'll take anything you got. It's got to be better than what's available on the Net!