Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Playing my Zenith this morning.

Just on the computer and have my Zenith 8s-154 console on. Listening to the news right now. Just hearing what happened in Washington state the shooting at that school..Wow it happens more and more. I have not played my Zenith in quite some time, I forgot how good this radio plays with only 8 tubes in it! I usually play my Philco 38-116 or my RCA 816k but I will have to remember to turn this one on more often! Anyone else have an 8s-154? Lets hear how yours performs..! Icon_thumbup

John

You gotta stop playing your Zenith, or we will have more of this kind of news.
I on my part have to stop watching TV. I never get this news on my AM radios.

On a serious note, unfortunately, this is going to keep happening. Sorry to say it.

But then, I have just read the Russian news - a guy in Chuvashia killed his father-in-law on the orders of his cat. That one takes the cake.

Your name is PhilcoJohn, not ZenithJohn...

No Zenith for you! Icon_lol

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

yeah....second that. This Zenith just does it out of spite. And, if you think writing "Philco" on it will help - no, it won't, it will just piss it off even more. I think short of changing your username .... nothing much will help.

Bad Vodka will make cats talk. And if you douse a rag with Bad Vodka and rub it on the cat's heinie, it will outrun a motorcycle.

My 8S154 is solid. However, it should be gone through. Until it crashes, I'll leave well enough alone. Like its style.

Tom

Only instead of vodka in my old country they used turpentine for that. Yes, motorcycles were not only outrun but also outroared.

I'm trying to picture that Zenith in my mind, but can't right now. Didn't even know about that news until reading it in this post. More madness..
Anyways, my radios are all off right now. I'm currently watching a cartoon which will go un-named. Icon_biggrin

No matter where you go, there you are.

+1 on the 8s154

I keep my zeniths in the spare bedroom so nobody sees them

Icon_redface

Well guys I have Philco's, Rca's, Zenith's, A Westinghouse..I just love consoles. Like Tim said my 8s154 is a keeper!

Yes, an eight tube set can be more then efficient, if designed the right way, my C.G.E H-86 is proof of that. In fact I have had good luck with any radio employing a tuned RF amplifier stage, that seems to offer the biggest bang for the buck in terms of performance.
The solution to this despicable trend is counter intuitive, if you want to end mass shootings ban gun free zones. The majority of these maniacs seek out places where they figure nobody will be armed except themselves, and they are usually bad shots as well. This is why you see shootings on college campi and not in gun shops or firing ranges.
It isn't just a U.S problem though, a maniac in New Brunswick shot and killed three RCMP officers the other day.
With regards to the guy in Russia, it sounds like a Son of Sam type plea, except with a cat instead of barking dogs. But then again a hard core alcoholic will try drinking just about anything if he can't get proper booze, mouthwash, aftershave, rubbing alcohol, lysol. I can imagine some would try that anti microbial hand wash too if they had it on hand.
Regards
Arran

No, I think this guy is a bonified nutjob, he is being evaluated by a shrink right now.
I would question the cat though. Gosh knows, maybe it is a psycho-CENSORED with mind-controlling powers. We know so little about cats.