Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Craigslist Zenith

I BOUGHT a 1938 7S240 I saw on craigslist. Paid $30 for this and a Dumont oscilloscope.        

Mike

Attached Files Image(s)

Oops, sorry for the size and the double of the 1st. picture, been a while since I've done images.

Mike

Good hunting!

Nasty crack in the veneer.
Terry

Yep. But.....bkack dial Z....30 dollars...plus a scope....cracks be darned!

Black shutter dial, original wooden knobs, magic eye, motorized tuning ?, & a scope! That's one heck of a buy! I really like the chairsides. Nice find!

Craig R.

Thanks guys, hope you don't mind, I couldn't resist the temptation to invoke bragging rights. Pretty good sale. Craig, this 7 toober doesn't have the motorized tuning, just the 9, 12, and 15 tube chassis' have that, but still quite a bargain. I have another 7S240 and a 7S261.

Mike

Yeah, I was about to say tha Icon_smile - the motorized started from 9 tubes (i have it in 9S262).

Still excellent!

I've never had any but 7 toobers, the 9S262 is one in particular I like very much. Ron has or did have a '262 also.
This craigslist seller is moving to Florida and doesn't want to lug the Zenith or the 'scope. This is my first really good score in a while, at least as far as radios I want to keep for myself. The 7S261 I got for $85, back in March '10.

Mike

BTW Ron never let us know whether or not he finished his 9S262.

Maybe I should check Craigslist more often. Good for you, Mike. Icon_thumbupIcon_clapIcon_thumbupIcon_clap

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

Thanks Steve. These ads are apt to come up at most any time, I happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Mike

morzh Wrote:Ron never let us know whether or not he finished his 9S262.

Not only have I never finished it, I have yet to start on it. Too many irons in the fire. But, yes, it is still here...spare parts and all to (hopefully) make that dial look better...

And Mike (Michael Dennis) - congratulations on your finds! So what if the chairside has a crack? For $30, including a scope, I would say you did very well indeed! Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks, Boss, Icon_smile got lucky this time. I spend a lot of time browsing craigslist for job ads so while I'm at it I check for radios and antique fans. Maybe something can be done about the cracks in the veneer. Did you ever get that replacement sweep pointer for the 9S262?

Mike

Great find, Michael!