Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bought Stromberg Carlson AWP8

Will post pics when get it.
It is SC transoceanic similar to others, in 50s RCA, Hallicrafters and SC made their versions.

I was waiting for this one awhile - there are rare and those really clean are even rarer.

Like this one

http://radioattic.com/item.htm?radio=0260515

Mike

That's been on my bucket list for sometime. It really is hard to find a real nice one. However i just bought a Pretty Nice RCA Strato World 3bx-672 in the rare alligator case. Waiting to see the pictures of the one you bought!!

Sincerely

Keith Jansen

How does it compare to the zenith's
Have had a couple of those.
Looks like the SC has a more durable material on the cabinet.
Neat radio.
murf

Keith

Yp, I have been looking for RCA strato myself, though I thought of a 7bx.

Murf.

I am sure the later Zs and their ounterparts were comparable. The SC looks too sophisticated to be much worse Icon_smile

Congratulations, those are pretty neat, did you find it on eBay?

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Mike

I have had the 7BX-10 and as it is a nice radio, the cabinet covering is not leather but vinyl, and it does not hold up as well especially on the sides.

Keith

Keith

Yes I thin standard issue 3bx and 7bx were vinyl, or at least it looks like it, usually yellow.

John

Yes, eBay.
There are two more on eBay right now, one recent (shown closed) and one has been there awhile - the condition and the price are a bit of a mismatch.

The auction was at 2am, so I set the alarm, and sniped $321.00 (last bid was $264). 1s before the end someone sniped so my bid came up to $314. The guy miscalculated by 7 bucks. Like myself with that Philco 16 2 weeks ago. I paid right there and went back to sleep.

hey mike
think you better snipe a comfy bed soon for the garage Icon_lol

The one you won looks pretty nice and it has a lot of the original literature which is a big plus. Now you'll be able to predict the weather with the built in barometer, temp, and humidity gauges.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1956-Stromberg-C...true&rt=nc

John

The one I ordered is here above unless you have the org listing yourself - the one I gave is just another AWP8.
Still looks nice.

Sam

You saw my hatch in the Jeep - always carry a sleeping back and a tent. Who knows where the night will find ya....or your honey's cast iron skillet....

There is someone with a real crappy one in the Bellingham, Washington area, on Craigslist, they want like $400 and it has torn fabric and corrosion on the metal trim, needless to say it has not sold.
Regards
Arran

Oh I am sure there are those around. It's the nice ones that do not pop up often; most of those I've seen on eBay have discolorations, rusty bottom hinge, knobs in bad shape....and they want the same or higher amount for them than I've just paid.

Like this one on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350130241184?ssP...1423.l2649

Notice the trim finish all peeled off. And such. and the price is.....$394 BIN.

Mike

That one on ebay from Mara Industrial has been up for sale at least 2 or 3 years!! You would think if he could not sell it for that price for this long that he would drop the price, plus it does'nt even work and is in rough condition.

Keith