Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I really need to quit finding projects. I found this PT-6 for $30. Looks easy enough and I have all the required parts on hand - so this will be next up on the bench after I finish this current 42-345 in a week or so. Just waiting on some capacitors. 

The curse of semi retirement I guess - time on my hands what with my company having a change of management. Not much use for an old guy nearing retirement. 

I see no issues with this except some repair work on the antenna. Lots of room underneath to work in. 
Looks a little scruffy but should clean up. I found the underneath chassis photo on here somewhere. 

I’ll need to find two knobs for this. The tag states “S 63” which would make this very early if this is the serial number. Aside from adding a polarized plug and a fuse not anything really needs doing other than the standard stuff - caps, wiring, resistors. I like these AA5 designs in wood cabinets. Sort of some built in safety - although I may add an isolation transformer. I bought a Triad unit a while back that might fit.

Attached Files Image(s)