Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

53-1750 How does this come apart?

I can not for the life of me figure out how to disengage the tracks the turntable drawer slides on. I've got everything out but I can't find the release. I can unbolt the bottom rail, but it has screws coming down from the top, and if I can't get the tracks apart I will have no way to get to the forward screws to put it back in.??? Icon_wtf

Anybody?

John
Las Vegas, NV USA

(04-21-2012, 09:48 PM)LASJayhawk Wrote:  I can not for the life of me figure out how to disengage the tracks the turntable drawer slides on. I've got everything out but I can't find the release. I can unbolt the bottom rail, but it has screws coming down from the top, and if I can't get the tracks apart I will have no way to get to the forward screws to put it back in.??? Icon_wtf

Anybody?

I assume you got the turntable out. Some track mechanisms do not have release feature, but fully extended you should be able to get to mounting screws. Take a picture or two and post

9/19/12 Hey there - saw your post on this Philco 53-1750. I just got one !! It' the Mahagony version. I figure you've mastered this thing by now. How do you open this thing up to get at the electronics? I want to replace the capacitors, tubes and rewire any wires that have poor insulation. Does the top on this thing come off - I see the electronics are at the front underneath the tuner/dial? Did you figure out how to get the draw all the way out to work on the turntable? Thanks ,
Mike mbsilv@aol.com

11/16/12 Did you ever figure out how to get the phonograph draw out?? In case you haven't -- the tracks are attached to the underneath panel of the phonograph draw AND to the wood "floor" of the console using philips head screws and nuts with washers (3 screws/nuts for each track). You can access the rear track screws easily but the other 2 on each track are hidden underneath the floor of the wood draw. However, the philips head screws run through the floor board and are secured with little nuts and washers underneath the console. Just get a socket of the approriate size and you can unscrew the nuts from the bottom of the console. IF the screw at some point starts turning, just use a thin nosed plier to hold the exposed part of the screw from turning while you're spinning off the nuts. Then, you can pull the entire draw out with the tracks still attached to the bottom of the phonograph draw - and from there you can take them off the bottom of the draw if you need to. Regards, Mike