Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 90 questions

Thats a GREAT Mod 90 under-chassis photo Ron!! A Very clean orig- chassis indeed! My 1st Philco 90 ( single 47) restoration was way back in about 1980, 81.Just getting my feet-wet in those days. I would have paid "big bucks $$" for your photo back then indeed! I was "flyin by th seat of my pants" trying to figure out (decipher orig Philco condenser part#codes) of those orig Philco bakelite blocks back then when I lived in Dallas! I found a "oltimer" tube tech in Denton (nearby Dallas) back then, that had worked for a Dallas Philco radio (auth dealer) repair-shop in the early 1940s helped me out back in those days, after searching for months to find a person that "knew"!!
Lordy mercy!!, the power of the internet thesedays,.. and yours & Chucks Fine vintage Philco resto websites paves a: "Information Super Highway" to newbies in this Philco vintage tube radio(s) ALL models hobby!!
Great Photo indeed Ron!! I think I saw a "speck-of-dust" on the orig filter-cap connection? ( hee hee!!), but other than that, your Philco 90 photo should allow a visual " roadmap" to success for anyone new to this hobby indeed!! I have acquired some nice under-chassis photos also thru the yrs ( post restorations) of vintage Fada TRFs,Radiola sets TRFs, mod Radiola 18 pwr pack, Radiola 80 power pack etc, orig buried in tar components ,and several other chassis photos if anyone ( newbies) needs them. I could share them ( clear photos) in the "other brands Radios" area of the Phorum if ever needed.
The power of the internet never ceases to amaze my old-eyes these days in restoring vintage electronics!! Thanks for providing all this valuable vintage Philco info online!! Icon_wink

Messages In This Thread
Philco 90 questions - by garyh1 - 04-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Re: Philco 90 questions - by Ron Ramirez - 04-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Re: Philco 90 questions - by garyh1 - 04-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Re: Philco 90 questions - by Ron Ramirez - 04-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Re: Philco 90 questions - by Texasrocker - 04-16-2009, 02:59 AM