Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco 116x-122 band selector cord routing and set up
Photo 

Agreed on the cap wiring.  I probably might have wired the 10 in backwards had you not said that.  I have just looked and the 10uf cap that seems to be replaced by an 8uf dry cap, the + looks like its tied to chassis ground.  Side of cap says besco made in usa.  The other end of it is soldered to a really long crimped resistor with 4 lugs on it secured to the side of chassis.  Im not really sure this cap is supposed to be there yet.  I have a photo of underside but forgot where to load the picture.  I just checked polarity on it.  Positive side is tied to chassis.  There is about 68 volts on it.  Going to replace it with a 10uf. 

Just looked at schematic, it does seem to be said 10uf cap, minus 2 micro farads Icon_lol

I started collecting radios when I was a kid.......never kept any of them.  Always messed them up(didnt know what I was doing)  Sucessfully bought my first radio and got it working in 1995in california, and carried it home on a 3 day train ride.  It was a philco 38 code 123 battery operated farm set. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: philco 116x-122 band selector cord routing and set up - by quartermilecamel - 07-04-2016, 10:39 PM