Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Model 41-296X with 41-285 modified chassis

The 125 series coil is about 2 1/2 times larger than the original audio output coil, that is why I thought I should mount it on top, but if I turn it sideways 90 degrees to the original it should fit. I relied on Radio Daze for the transformer and coil selection. I can probabily use a rotary grinder to open up the opening for the transformer and mount it flat, protecting all fragile stuff from flying metal shavings. Icon_neutral

The audio output coil only has 3 wires compared to the original, you said "It will have three thick cloth-covered wires coming from it, another smaller wire, and a wire that you may not notice that is soldered to the frame. The smaller wire and the wire soldered to the frame are the leads for the secondary winding of the output transformer. The three thicker wires are the primary leads - one is a center tap."

I don't see "another smaller wire, and a wire that you may not notice that is soldered to the frame." on the replacement coil. it also has 6 empty terminals.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Philco Model 41-296X with 41-285 modified chassis - by jjbuzard - 12-09-2009, 11:41 AM