Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

*Solved Minerva Tropic Master model w117 "early"-crackle pop & no vol ****SOLVED

fault still same- no audio out,, set was working then suddenly went silent... no smoke or nothing either.

I am posting up a diagram of this "early" Minerva tropic master for our records if thats ok.
I looked at my rectifier tube 25z6 and noticed something. earlier i was saying this was a 25L6,, so i will correct now.
when you look into the glass all the wire leads mesh into a stright line all encased in the glass.
there is are two leads that have a tab but no tiny wire is touching them like on the other leads.
this is true for two leads i see.  this may be why the set is not working,, because the tube is bad.
the 25z6 tube lights up but i dont have any reasonable higher dc power on this tube coming out on any of the pins.
I guess just because it lights up does not mean its good or working ,,, correct?

does anyone know if there is a standard for how to "count" the leads inside the tube,, as in which one is pin 1, 2 and 3 and so on?
I ordered a few tubes for this and some caps today.
also..
on the diagram below,, the tube line downstream of the power plug show the grid power if i am correct.
what pin numbers can i "assume"  are shown. 
the print assumes the user is qualified and trained so leaving off the pin numbers  ,,, i dont mind but i want to document them on the print by hand myself.
I am still looking for a very clear version of the diagram but this one will have to work for me.

if i find the set works with a new rect tube,, i need to see if there was a reason as to why it blew.  It may have something to do with the cap that was ready to blow up but i powered down in time... dono..........

placed an order with Gary at PTOTP,, hope he fills it soon.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minerva Tropic Master model w117 "EARLY" - by jcassity - 06-11-2018, 02:56 PM