Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Radio antenna selector switch mystery signal boost

non of my sets are 3 prong.
all sets excluding #2 and #4 have a new polarized cord correctly connected / wired.

Set 1 , the exterior chassis is isolated from the exterior chassis.
Set 3,, there is a metal exterior case, pull out the interior skeleton by the two handles and you extract the skeleton and chassis.
on this set 3, the exterior case and interior skeleton are normally bolted together but isolated form the electronics chassis by wood factory blocks,

all my sets do not have a dedicated ground rod.

on the GE, i experimented 7 different ways to sunday. i even removed the loop, kept the ground end on the set and connected the other end to my outdoor long wire,,, its result was nothing but a bunch of humming.

btw,, this GE radio is dead tonight,, dono why but i wondered why i looked over at the clock and time was kinda setting still, its cause the clock want running, nor will the radio power up so... i bust into it sometime tomorrow

im gonna have to read your post a couple more times, you said a lot and i want to soak up the ideas your handing over.

thanks

Scott

Messages In This Thread
RE: Radio antenna selector switch mystery signal boost - by jcassity - 09-23-2018, 08:44 PM