Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Picking up a 60L console today

I am a new member here [Image: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/smi...n_wave.gif] and I saw this discussion on the Philco 60 console.  I have always been fascinated by tube radios even though I've never worked on them.  I often listen to old radio shows and thought it would be neat to get a set fixed up (or learn to fix it myself) and use one of those transmitters to transmit music and shows to it.  Anyway the model I picked up according to the plate/sticker on the back is a 60A.  I've looked all over the net and haven't seen a picture of one except a picture of one at Radiomuseum (I think) that doesn't look anything like my radio.  Does anyone know anything about this radio?  Mine looks like an 60B early model and has a label like the picture of the 60L console (505?) in my radio.  Here are some pictures.  Everything (except for the grillecloth and speaker) look to be in good shape.  The cabinet and knobs are in excellent shape.  I know it's going to cost a bit of money to fix this up but I'm going to do what I can now.  Fix the grillecloth and try to get the speaker tested/reconed, clean up the chassis and either learn how or send it off somewhere.  I've already contacted a reputable repair person and they've given me a ballpark of what to expect.  Here are pictures and I am honored to be here and would welcome any advice about how to proceed with this "project".  I am attaching pictures of the radio. 

Messages In This Thread
Picking up a 60L console today - by Greggshere - 10-15-2018, 09:36 AM
RE: Picking up a 60L console today - by Ed Locker - 10-15-2018, 01:31 PM
RE: Picking up a 60L console today - by morzh - 10-16-2018, 08:42 AM
RE: Picking up a 60L console today - by marshall70 - 10-25-2018, 11:09 PM
RE: Picking up a 60L console today - by Ed Locker - 11-11-2018, 09:26 AM