Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Update: 42-380 First timer with a few questions

Wow, your finished cabinet looks fantastic. I have just purchased a 42-380 and also am a first timer, so if at all possible, could I ask to lean on you for advice and suggestions as I begin my adventure. My cabinet looks to be in fairly good shape, but the finish is deteriorating. Although not a woodworker, I am familiar with a auto type stripping and refinishing, and am quite an accomplishied custom painter. Working in a different medium opens up a challenge for me, but I have a basic understanding of wood refinishing and feel up to the task. My photofinish is in fair shape, Philco decal still intact, but want to refinish the whole cabinet. Your veneer replacement for the photofinish looks amazing, having never replaced veneer, could give me some tips and guidelines, or could I refinish and save the photofinish somehow. As I said, this is an all new hobby for me, and I look forward to being a student of this craft. Thanks, Kevin

Messages In This Thread
Re: Update: 42-380 First timer with a few questions - by baggrr00 - 11-25-2010, 01:36 PM