Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Starting on the Philco 610 from 1936

A few other notes on this 610 :

It has THREE  Solar 16 mfd, 500 volt metal can electrolytics,  even though the schematic calls for
(2) 8 mfd, and (1) 16 mfd. 

One of those 16 mfds is not connected.

Another of the 16mfds shows some overheating at the top.

There's a Solar  8 mfd,  cardboard tube dry electrolytic capacitor, and a 10 mfd Solar dry electrolytic  cap under the chassis.  These appear to be a second round of filter replacement after whomever put the (3) Solar 16 mfd cans in. ( I wonder where all the missing Philco cans are, . . . there must be millions discarded. )  The paper 8 mfd appears to replace the FIRST metal can filter cap on the schematic, but was not  connected correctly, (with it's negative side connected to the chassis, instead of  directly to the center tap of the high voltage secondary).  It's positive side was connected to the positive side of the 16 mfd caps that was connected directly to the rectifier.
There is some other sloppy connection hanging loose that involves the field coil .

I guess this chassis is not-so-unworked over, as  the cabinet is.  I plan on getting all those cap values accurate again .  I would like to get a hold of 3 Philco cans, (even if they're not the proper values), just to replace the alien Solars just for looks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting on the Philco 610 from 1936 - by Jake Blake - 10-13-2019, 08:07 AM