Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it

Problem 1,
https://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=16833  Read post 6 there are two screws that adjust the arrow mask position. I'm making a couple of assumptions that you have the chassis out of the cabinet, that you either have removed the 80 tube or have the spkr plugged in, the dial is centered properly onto the flange, and that all of the dial assembly is put together properly.

Problem 2,
Not sure. Have done a half dozen or so of them and have never had one that was hard to turn afterwards. Would think that it's not assemble correctly or something on the outside is causing it to bind. I have had the outer knob feel rough when turning it. Have read that it can be caused by the ball bearings having flat spots on them from wear. This last one I did I lost one of the balls and got a sack of replacements of all different sizes. Found the right ones and replaced all three. After I got it back together it was still rough. Am thinking that it's from the shaft being worn.

Problem 3,
Not sure which clip you mean. There's three to choose from. Small one at the far end of the planetary drive that's the one you have to pry open to get off. Large one that clips into the planetary drive kind of a piece of springy wire that clips into a slot. And finally the flat spring clip that fits into the knob to hold it onto the shaft it's press onto.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it - by Radioroslyn - 01-25-2020, 11:32 PM