Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 81 woes....

OK.. made a few more checks and wo is me.. i had an open antenna coil primary. I took the coil apart and discovered someone else has been here before me. I rewrapped the primary after fixing two breaks, and now i can get it to tune stations, but volume is very very low. Again, I put a signal directly into the 2nd det grid and i have gang buster volume from an external audio source. I have tried alignment and it does not help. One note I will mention, is that when i inject my 460khz modulated rf signal into the grid of my det/osc my volume is extremely low. It acts like it has a dead IF ckt. I followed the suggestions on the web page and changed the 4 meg res (19) to the recommended 2 meg and it does not help. Where am i going wrong. I have subbed out my new 78's with the old ones, and other ones,, and still audio is low. I removed the IF transformer (18) physically inspected the windings, and checked the dc resistance.. all good. Again,, thank you in advance.. and any help is appreciated.

Rick

Messages In This Thread
Model 81 woes.... - by Guest - 03-12-2006, 06:29 PM
[No subject] - by Guest - 03-13-2006, 03:29 AM
[No subject] - by Chuck Schwark - 03-13-2006, 09:23 AM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 03-18-2006, 10:20 AM