Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SOLVED Westinghouse RC radio-so... they think im the guy to get this thing working

The R.A side, the one with the tuning cap and variocoupler , might be restorable, the D.A side is trashed. Anything is restorable but it would involve either tracking down the needed parts individually, once they are identified, or picking up a parts unit to make a good set out of the two. These R.C units are not particularly rare, at least the Springfield built ones, in a single box, are not, I don't think I am exaggerating when I say it would be cheaper to buy a complete unit then restore what you have there, but it's sentimentality that would be the driving factor here. Westinghouse introduced these sets in 1923, greatly overestimated the market and overproduced these things to the point where they were on the market for years, long after they were rendered obsolete by newer designs. By 1926 buying one would be like buying a Commodore VIC 20 in the late 80s, if they actually did pay $216 for it by then they were robbed blind as just about anything else on the market could run circles around it. Such was the state of the consumer radio market up until the mid 1920s.
Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
RE: Westinghouse circa 20's radio-so... they think im the guy to get this thing working - by Arran - 09-05-2021, 01:38 AM