Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SOLVED Westinghouse RC radio-so... they think im the guy to get this thing working

i talked along time with terry (here on this board) yesterday about this and everything being said here all combined tells me that "getting the radio to work" as the store wants is possible.

right now they dont know what they dont know so i will explain all that to him.

What you all did not know is that the store wants this radio to be a daily driver.... !

I am going to propose to them that i graft inside the set a modern AM/FM radio.

I will have to do a lot of custom work to make the knobs useful such as the tuner we have now,, on the back side i would custom mount a tuning cap extracted from a modern radio. you get the idea.

if they dont want this option im not going to move forward. To be honest i felt like this set would be a good unit for me to learn from and discipline my self to learn about really early sets if for no other reason than i would have "some" experience with them. I am not attracted in any way to the set,, it does nothing for me personally. I dont like the look, and from what i now understand, i would'nt like the sound either. I do love the history of this technology though and thats the part that drew me in.

thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Westinghouse circa 20's radio-so... they think im the guy to get this thing working - by jcassity - 09-05-2021, 04:12 PM