Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SOLVED Westinghouse RC radio-so... they think im the guy to get this thing working

In terms of daily drivers from the 1920s, something akin to a Radiola 17, or this being a Philco Phorum a Philco 411. Another possibility for a daily driver would be a mid 1920s three dialer, with a proper power supply, possibly with 6C4s subbing for the 01As. I was trying to remember the production dates of the Westinghouse R.C units, I guessed about 1923 because I could not remember, they may have even been in production as late as then, however as Ron says they are not the most practical sets to use, the frequency coverage is severely limited, though better then the few contemporaries from the same period, like the early Crosleys with the book condensers. I remember someone who had one about 30 years ago, it worked all right, but this was also in an area with several 50 kw radio stations within a 50 mile radius.
Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
RE: Westinghouse circa 20's radio-so... they think im the guy to get this thing working - by Arran - 09-05-2021, 10:57 PM