Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Atwater-Kent Original Service Data

WHEW ! Tonight I finished scanning the Atwater Kent factory service manuals. There are a total of 484 files, one for each page scanned. I have the parts list book from 1928 as well as a price list from 1933, which are NOT available on that website. The parts list book is really interesting because it has many, many half tone pictures of the various models open so you can see the insides, as well as of the chassis out of cabinets, and the undersides of chassis. It also has many, very detailed line drawings. All of the scans are in 600 DPI, so the half tone pictures came out very well, and the line drawings and text are sharp and clear, even the very small print. Because of this, just the scan files come to a total of 1.62 Gigs, and these are all just black and white or grayscale, depending on whether the page is just text and / or line drawings, or has halftones which required it to be scanned in grayscale. If you've done much scanning, you know that the things which make the difference in file size are level if detail (DPI), and whether it is black and white line art or text, or grayscale, or color. Now I have to make an index showing on which pages each model has information. That should keep me amused for another week or two.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atwater-Kent Original Service Data - by mikethedruid - 06-10-2022, 01:33 AM
RE: Atwater-Kent Original Service Data - by RodB - 06-11-2022, 07:47 AM
RE: Atwater-Kent Original Service Data - by RodB - 06-18-2022, 07:16 PM
RE: Atwater-Kent Original Service Data - by RodB - 06-19-2022, 07:44 AM