Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Have had this television since I was 12 what model is it?

In post 10 I recall you mentioning you had a wire break off the tube flush with the glass? If that's the case, the tube is toast. No way to put that back on and it wont work if the wire is broke off. You may not have wires out for each pin tho, only the pins that are used (the pins that have a wire coming from the socket to the chassis). Any others don't matter. I don't be a pessimist but with that brightener, I'm not holding out a lot of hope. You might get a picture, but if the tube is weak, you wont get a good bright sharp pix. However you may still be able to use it to troubleshoot the rest of the set before replacing the tube. Sometimes a tube will go "go to sleep", and wake up after it's run awhile.  Is it glowing inside near the socket?  If you could, shoot us a close up of the socket where it is broken so we can have a look.

If there's HV, as Mr. Fixit said, then there's hopes for the chassis. His advice to check works well if you don't a probe. You can also listen to see of the horizontal is running. Some people may not be able to hear it, but I can. Ditto on the output tube red plating, and the low voltage rectifier(s) red plating. Pull the power if you see that. It'll be a high piched sound, almost a whistle coming from the flyback/horizontal area. Also know 1B3 HV rectifiers are notorious for going to air - thus no HV. You should have in the 12-14kv range for proper HV.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have had this television since I was 12 what model is it? - by TV MAN - 01-25-2023, 11:57 AM