Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Phuilco 41-280 / The Chassis is worse than I had expected

Thank you, Phlogiston for your reply! Please see my comments/questions below...

Phlogiston Wrote:Depends on what you want.
1. If you just want to look at it, you are in good shape. Put it back togeather in a refinished cabnet. Cut the line cord off.

I would really like for the thing to work. Actually, my fondest wish would be that an input could be added so that I could connect an FM tuner, computer (for Pandora), or even my iPod.

Phlogiston Wrote:2. You could find a better chassis, maybe cheap. Try and restore it yourself. But, a better chassis is still not good enough to use without restoration, maybe even dangerous to leave plugged in but not turned on. Line filter caps can short even when the radio is off.

This sounds like a "doable" option... where would I look... eBay? As you can see, I'm such a novice, I don't even know where to look for "stuff."

Phlogiston Wrote:3. Pay someone to restore your chassis, or at least make it safe to play. Rust is often not as bad as it looks at first. A better looking chassis may cost more to fix - or less, depends on what is wrong with each.

Where would I find a competent restorer? This may be my best bet.

Thanks again!

I will post a photo of the chassis tomorrow... perhaps that may "narrow down" the list of options that would be suggested.

Rob

Messages In This Thread
Re: Phuilco 41-280 / Te Chassis is worse than I had expected - by RFP - 10-20-2011, 09:23 PM