Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Philco 37-116X What's The Price Point?

(03-22-2012, 06:35 PM)Gene Pederson Wrote:  Thanks Terry!
I know it is a good set, just not sure about acquiring another console.....owner says he is going to relist it at $225--he was told his price was too cheap.

Gene

That sounds like a ploy to sell it, I mean really, is he going to walk away from a deal just to get an extra $30? I wonder who gave him that advice? Probably somebody that knows nothing about radios I bet but saw an overpriced hi fi in and antique shop once. Among Philco afficianados we know that a 37-116 is potentially a good set, but we also know what a pain they are to work on too. To the general public it's just another old radio and if it doesn't work it's just another fancy plant stand or book end, in short his only other potentential customers are going to be radio collectors who like Philcos. Personally I wouldn't pay over $150 for one (preferably less) as is if it's complete and the cabinet half decent, some may go as high as $175 to $200. I have seen restored ones listed around $350-400 so $195 isn't really all that cheap for one as is. One thing I know is that stuff can look way better in a photo then it does in person, especially in selective photos where they don't show certain things.
Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 37-116X What's The Price Point? - by Arran - 03-23-2012, 12:57 AM