Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Philco 37-116X What's The Price Point?

(03-24-2012, 11:25 PM)TA Forbes Wrote:  What it really gets down to is what it's worth to you. A 37-116 in good working condition will be one of the best sounding and recieving sets you have. I paid two hundred for mine and drove two hours to pick it and two other radios (41-220 and a 38-5) up.

The 37-116 was in nice shape with knobs, but missing one (?) acoustic clarifier.

I had missed other 37/38-116s in the past. It was worth it to me.

If it's worth it to you, then go and get it.

My concern with this set isn't the price as much as the squirley behavior of it's current owner. If the price was $195 OBO, fine, you dicker back and fourth and arrive at a price you can both agree to. But posting something at $195 and then playing a hustle about someone (who had no intention of buying it themselves) telling him it was priced too low, and that he was going to jack it up to $225, sets off alarms. Why didn't this so called "expert" suggest that he locate a set of knobs for it? If he couldn't be bothered dealing with a minor issue, like missing knobs, that is right in front of your face and would make it more sellable, what else is missing or wrong with this set that we don't know about? The first thing I think of when a set has no knobs is that it is some sort of neglected old beater.
Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 37-116X What's The Price Point? - by Arran - 03-25-2012, 12:06 AM