Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Philco 37-116X What's The Price Point?

WOW! That was really nice of Bruce to offer those sets!! Ron, I am in New Hampshire and also too late for the 116, but it looks like it found a good home.

In the pictures the guy sent me of the radio, he has a price tage on the front of the set that says $295. He made a point of mentioning that it was in the pictures when I spoke to him on the phone. Evidently that was his original price and I think he put it in a yard sale. He says he brought the 116 from Exeter, NH out of a house clean-up from the original owner. My major concern was seeing the metal straps holding the chassis in. To me that, with the missing knobs, looks like someone didn' know what they were doing or lost the original bolts/screws and I have no idea what the underside of that chassis looks like.

That being said, Phlogiston, I checked on those tubes and found no where to even get them for $60..........closer to $80. Maybe this just wasn't meant to be. And as you pointed out, being a relative newbie probably more than I can handle at this time.

TA Forbes, I agree with Arran, I don't care for the type of tactics in play. Posting a price and then saying its' too cheap doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. There are still a lot of radios out there, I am sure there is one with my name on it!

Gene

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 37-116X What's The Price Point? - by Gene Pederson - 03-25-2012, 02:54 PM