Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My birthday present to me!

Happy birthday Ron!

9S262 seems to be a popular set, as at least 4 other people here, myself included, recently were posting here about the restoration of such.
(Of all people you I did not expect to deal with Z-brand Icon_smile )

First of, see if you got the original eye tube, the 6T5. If you did, this alone brings the value up by a 100 bucks. It's a museum item now. Even if it no longer works, though most of them do, just don't glow as bright.

I had it replaced by electrical equivalent, 6U5, but the latter is the regular sector pattern, and 6T5 is the concentric circular one.

Obviously the driving belt and the tuning cap belt are likely to be ripped. Adamsradio sells belts for every model. I tried them, exact fit, good quality.

The eye tube socket will probably have the 1M resistor open, seems to be a popular failure. I published the easy no-effort way of restoring it, without cracking open the socket. Worked for me just fine.

Well, if I tell you to recap it, I will be preaching to the choir, so I won't Icon_smile

Notice: be careful when taking the chassis out of the cabinet and putting it back - breaking the tone control switch seems to be a popular thing to happen, and it is not easy to find (I glued mine with epoxy).

Hopefully your speaker and Xfmr are intact. If not - I found an inexpensive one, OT8SE from Musical Power Supplies, works great (it is Single-ended, so the Hammond one is 50 bucks), just a tad over 20 bucks.

Good luck with it!

Messages In This Thread
My birthday present to me! - by 37silverstreak - 08-11-2012, 03:36 PM
RE: My birthday present to me! - by Dave - 08-11-2012, 06:51 PM
RE: My birthday present to me! - by Joe Rossi - 08-11-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: My birthday present to me! - by Ron Ramirez - 08-11-2012, 08:38 PM
RE: My birthday present to me! - by morzh - 08-12-2012, 10:02 AM
RE: My birthday present to me! - by Ron Ramirez - 08-12-2012, 10:50 AM
RE: My birthday present to me! - by morzh - 08-12-2012, 01:28 PM
RE: My birthday present to me! - by Geoff - 08-13-2012, 11:25 PM